First Time Attendees
What to Expect
- Meet those who have shaped and changed the field of microscopy and imaging, in both life and physical sciences, as well as scanning probe microscopy.
- Network with mentors, professors and students – all of whom share your passion for microscopy and imaging.
- Seize the opportunity to forge relationships with potential future colleagues and collaborative partners for your research.
- Dress the part. Attire for the congress is business casual.
- Attend the sessions that interest you. There just won’t be time to see and do everything, so focus on the things you are most passionate about, rather than trying to attend every session.
- Check out the lectures and hands-on equipment on the RMS Learning Zone. These are great ways to learn more and improve your skills.
- Socialise! Attend social events. Quite simply, this is the best way to network and get to know the people you ought to stay in touch with.
- Check out the programme online in advance. Plan which sessions you wish to attend and familiarise yourself with their general location.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll probably be on your feet a fair bit, so don’t let them get sore – a sure-fire way to ruin any day!
- Remember to visit the Exhibition, Workshops, Scientific Imaging Competition Display and Poster Village. Free refreshments are available in the Exhibition all day!
- Download the app. It’s a mobile and fast way to view the programme while you are attending sessions. Check back in February for more information on the app.
- Find time to get out and about. Explore the amazing city of Manchester. The birthplace of the industrial revolution boasts great historical and cultural attractions, as well as shops, restaurants and nightlife.
- Book your hotel. Make booking easy and book your hotel room via the hotel booking agency on the mmc2019 website.
- Share your experience via social media and use hashtag #mmc2019UK