Organisers: Graeme Ball, Dominic Waithe, Martin Jones, Lucy Collinson
Open to: BioImage analysts, microscopists, software developers and commercial software representatives with an interest in bioimage analysis.
NEUBIAS, the Network of European BioImage Analysts, is a recently created network funded by the COST framework.
NEUBIAS aims to promote the mutual communication between life scientists, instrumentalists, developers and bioimage analysts and to establish and promote the role of bioimage analysts in life science. Gathering, as of June 2016, more than 100 members in 33 European countries, the network will implement:
- A training programme with 3 levels (Early Career, Facility, Analysts,) 15 courses for about 400 trainees.
- An events series (yearly conference workshops)
- Online Resources: Repository of tools and workflows, benchmarking and sample datasets, training materials and open textbook.
- A mobility programme for scientists to visit Host Labs and get in-depth insights into cutting edge image analysis technology.
- Outreach material and more. Find out more information on the NEUBIAS website.
This community meeting at mmc2017, held by the UK Management Committee representatives, will explain NEUBIAS aims and activities and start building a coherent UK bioimage analyst community.
Anyone with an interest in bioimage analysis is welcome to join us for this introductory meeting, whether you are a microscopist, bioimage analyst, software engineer, life scientist or commercial software representative.
The meeting is taking place on Wednesday 5 July from 1000-1200 in room Central 4 of Manchester Central.
10.00-10.45: Introduction to NEUBIAS, Julien Colombelli, IRB Barcelona
10.45-11.00: Round Table Introduction from Attendees
11.00-12.00 Introducing NEUBIAS STSMs; discussion about questionnaire results and developing the UK bioimage analysis community